[mythtv-users] General purpose frontend for 300 bucks?

Jason Weida jason.m.weida at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 14:28:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 22 November 2009 16:43:45 Nick Rout wrote:
>
> I'm aware of no SPDIF, but reviewers have said they can get audio out of
> the
> HDMI port, which would imply digital audio. Of course you have to be
> careful
> of N/E's reiewers.
>
> Even if it were limited to analog audio, I still think it's a good deal for
> the money, and as you say, it's got to be good for *something* :-) A
> secondary "bedroom" frontend, that might not want digital audio, for $200
> seems quite reasonable to me.
>
> --
> Brian Wood
> beww at beww.org

Yeah, I think that's what I like about the ZOTAC unit.  I can get dual core,
with a media reader, built in WiFi and SPDIF.  It seems perfect, but no
Flash playback is disappointing.  I will probably just go for it anyway with
hopes that the nerds will figure out some way to get it working in the long
term.