[mythtv-users] Question about using backup myth mysql dumps...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Mon Nov 23 12:37:19 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:10 PM, stuart <stuart at xnet.com> wrote:
>>
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> So the orphans are orphaned files for which someone deleted your database
>>> metadata?
>>>
>>> Mike
>> Yes,
>> I most likely ran myth.find_orphans.pl w/the
>> delete-data-base-entry-if-you-cant-find-a-file option and somehow erased the
>> data base entries of 100+ files. Since then I have spent time cleaning up my
>> recording rules plus now there are 2 months of fresh recordings in the data
>> base. I find it tantalizing that information still exists for these orphaned
>> recordings in older data base dumps. But I am not sure how to selectively
>> move each recording's information forward into the new data base.
>
> Have you changed mythtv versions or gone to a new database schema
> since the backup?

I don't believe I have (data base).  I have not moved to the new version
of mythtv yet.

> If not you can probably use
>
> myth.find_orphans.pl|grep unknown

This is what I have been using.  It give a clean list of orphaned
recording file names:

myth.find_orphans.pl | grep -v .png | grep .mpg | cut -d' ' -f4 | cut
-d/ -f4

>  to get a list of the orphaned files, then massage the filenames and
> then write some sort of script ...

Yes, that's the part I did not understand either.

-thanks for your help.