[mythtv-users] Mytharchive "Create DVD" in 0.22

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 23 03:45:14 UTC 2009

Harry Devine wrote:
> I have Mythbuntu 9.10 with 0.22-fixes.  When I try to create a DVD of
> a show I recorded, I can go through the screens fine (pick the
> recording, etc.), but when I click "Finish", I get a dialog that says
> "Can't find any logs to show!" and nothing gets created.  I don't see
> anything in my logs.  Any ideas why this is?
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

OK, somewhat of a false alarm, but not really.  When I configured the
temp directory for Mytharchive to use, I had a typo in there.  I fixed
that and the job started, but then it fails with the following in the
mythburn.log file:

Waiting for mythtranscode to create the fifos
ERROR: Waited too long for mythtranscode to create the fifos - giving up!!

2009-11-22 22:39:02.912 Using protocol version 50
2009-11-22 22:39:03.042 mythtranscode: 0% Completed @ 0 fps.
Terminated

Any ideas?  I know that when I had Mytharchive troubles on Mythbuntu
9.04 on 0.21-fixes, it ended being that the version of ffmpeg that was
installed was a watered-down, busted up version.  I had to remove it,
install a better version, and then it was OK.  Is this still the case
for 9.10 on 0.22-fixes?

Thanks,
Harry