[mythtv-users] Moving to Storage Group (0.21-fixes)

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 02:24:43 UTC 2009

Running 0.21-fixes on mythbuntu.

Original setup was 'out of the box' - recordings are in
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings

Partition filling up, particularly as I also have a lot of videos in
/var/lib/mythtv/videos and music in /var/lib/mythtv/music

Solution: buy terrabyte drive, partition, format and mount at
/mnt/sdb1. Go to mythtv-setup and add /mnt/sdb1 to the default storage
group. Note that /var/lib/mythtv/recordings is not listed as part of
the default storage group.

Move all files from /var/lib/mythtv/recordings to /mnt/sdb1. System
works as normal.

BUT now the system is only seeing a total of 1TB of storage with 280MB
used. In other words /var/lib/mythtv/recordings doesn't seem to be
counted any more, and I assume isn't being recorded to either.

I had thought that by adding the new directory to the default storage
group myth would record both to there and to the old location. Am I
wrong?