[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Encoding Errors Running 0.22

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 01:10:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm running a 3.2Ghz Xenon with 4GB memory,  2 x 1TB disks mirrored for video storage,
an 80GB drive for Fedora Core 10,  two Hauppauge Capture cards ( 150 and 250 ) in
addition to the new HD-PVR.  When I'm recording an HD program on the HD-PVR,
top shows that mythbackend is the top consumer at 2% of the CPU.

In my case,  its really recording sports that causes problems.  Could it be the high
motion of sports?  The encoder can't keep up, so skips ahead?  Its very consistant
on sports.  During the opening kickoff of the Bengals-Raiders game,  I see the ball
in the air at about the 20 yard line,  the receiver on the goal line waiting for it.
Then it skips to players getting up from the pile and running to the sidelines.  There
had to be at least 5 seconds missing.  I can coorilate the skips with the messages
in the log based on when the recording started,  how far into the recording the skip
happened gives me an offset to look in the logs.

I noticed yesterday there was a new update to mythtv 0.22.

mythtv-backend-0.22-221.fc10.i386

I upgraded, but still have the problem.

I'm running the 2.6.27.38-170.2.113.fc10.i686 kernel and firmware 0x12 on the HD-PVR.

Thanks,

Mike