[mythtv-users] Cell Phones - Remote Control or Display Device preferred - please vote!

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 22 19:50:17 UTC 2009

ex OT: Nokia N900
----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Sharkey" <eric at lisaneric.org>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N900

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Changing it to be a control interface would appeal to many more users (I
>> would think)

>Not to me.  I already have a remote and don't feel any need to use my cell phone as one.

It does for me, having one less remote control that works from more places is of great appeal for me.  Each user could then have
their own personal remote.

I've been thinking about a webpage (maybe AJAX) that's linked to the telnet controls, that could be called from any browser on any
device....  I've not yet looked into interfacing a webpage into telnet but expect it can somehow be done?  Perhaps someone here can
comment?

Votes and Comments welcomed!