[mythtv-users] VDPAU and 9500GT

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Nov 22 18:27:44 UTC 2009

My understanding is that the 9500GT should be powerful enough to run the
Advanced deinterlacers with VDPAU, but that isn't what I observe. If I
try to use the "VDPAU High Quality" or "VDPAU normal" playback profiles,
I get very jerky playback. "VDPAU slim" (Bob deinterlacer) produces
clean playback. Am I mistaken about the power of this card, or is there
some way I can debug why it's not doing what it supposedly can do?

I am using version 185.18.36 of the Nvidia driver on Fedora 10 x86_64,
if that matters.

--Greg