[mythtv-users] Question about using backup myth mysql dumps...

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sun Nov 22 17:28:20 UTC 2009

Hi...

In my hast, I have created a bunch of orphaned recordings (100+).
Information about them still exists in the old mythtv data base, but I
think putting the old mythtv data base back into mysql would be a
mistake as the data base dump is months old. So, I've come to the
conclusion the best thing to do is wade through the recordings, rename
the keepers to something a human can read and place them into a mythtv
video directory.

However, I can't help but think it might be possible to still use the
old mythtv data base dump to rename these files to something a human can
read!  (That would be waaaay faster then spot checking them with video
player!)

Anyone have ideas on how to do this (i.e. use an old mysql data base
dump to rename mythtv recordings)?

-thanks!