[mythtv-users] corrupted time table

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Sun Nov 22 14:44:26 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 November 2009, you wrote:
> On Thursday 19 November 2009, you wrote:

> > > Some people have said they get the same issue with certain streams from
> > > some broadcasters/rebroadcasters.  (I'm guessing you're using DVB or
> > > ATSC/QAM and not analog capture, right?)
> >
> > PVR500, so analog capture.
>
> I checked the mysql database and found no corrupt tables.  I even cleared
>  all records in the recordedseek table.  No luck, I still have seek
>  problems on fresh recordings.  After running "mythcommflag --file <file>
>  --rebuild", seeking is ok.
>
> I use a PVR500, but I don't do any commercial flagging.  I also don't
>  transcode the recordings.
>
> Any ideas ?
I did some tests.  I started with an empty mysql database (I only copied some
tables with information about my recordings).

I disabled commflagging and recording something: seeking was not ok.
Then, I  started commflagging, but seeking was still not ok.  I found lots of
errors in the mythtv-backend log (1 message / millisecond), but I don't know
if they are related to my seeking problem:

2009-11-22 15:25:53.370 [mpeg2video @ 0x129a6c0]Missing picture start code

When I transcode to MPEG4. the seek problem is gone.

Any idea why transcoding is not working without transcoding to mpeg4?  And why
this was not a problem before my 0.22 upgrade?

Shall I open a bug report on this issue ?

Stef