[mythtv-users] Odd audio problem. Can only get audio via spdif

Fa fayoeu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 08:16:48 UTC 2009

I am running into a similar issue. I have sound in fedora 12 in all other
apps except mythfrontend when using the analog out jack.  I have tried to
change the audio to ALSA:default and ALSA:analog, but no sound comes out.
My speakers are connected to the analog out jack.

2009-11-22 00:02:09.128 Opening audio device 'default'. ch 2(2) sr 48000
2009-11-22 00:02:09.128 Opening ALSA audio device 'default'.
2009-11-22 00:02:09.131 ALSA, Warning: mmap not available, attempting to
fall back to slow writes.

[fa at mythtv ~]$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 22849
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-22-fixes/mythtv/
Network Protocol : 50
Library API      : 0.22.20091023-1
QT Version       : 4.5.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_arts using_jack
using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg