[mythtv-users] Best way to delete a slave BE?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:45:19 UTC 2009

My slave BE is my HD-PVR machine, and I'm planning on rebuilding it with
better hardware. I plan on keeping the hostname and IP but I don't care
about the recordings, channels or tuners on that box. I'm planning on
starting from scratch.

However, it's my understanding that the master BE adds a field (column? Not
sure exactly) for each slave BE, which is how other FEs know where to go for
recordings et al. I'm wondering what the best and / or easiest way it would
be to blow away all traces of the slave BE so I don't experience any
weirdness with the new box like phantom recordings, theme directories being
the wrong versions, etc.

I'm not good with SQL at all, but I'm not afraid to tear into it with some
guidance, if that's the only way to clean things out. I've considered
blowing away my master BE and starting everything from scratch with
MythBuntu Karmic, although if cleaning out the slave BE info is easy enough
I may leave the master BE as is.

Thoughts, suggestions appreciated.