[mythtv-users] 0.22 upgrade makes people searches case-sensitive

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sat Nov 21 04:56:12 UTC 2009

    > Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:46:29 -0800
    > From: Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>

    > >< laundry list of reasons not to do it oneself>

...which, as far as I know, are all valid.  Or are you saying that I
should have taken it upon myself to put unverified-and-possibly-false
information about an unreleased version into the wiki that's supposed
to have true statements about released versions?

    > So I guess the answer to "Is this going to be documented somewhere?"
    > is "No," then.

Wrong.  At least I got it documented -on the list-, which was part of
what I was getting at---a user-visible change in options was made with
no mention on any of the 3 lists.  There was absolutely no way that a
random user searching the lists would have therefore discovered it---
which was why I asked if it was planned to be documented, ever, anywhere.

Of course, expecting people to find it in an apparently-unrelated
thread isn't exactly user-friendly, either, but maybe they will.

    > The answer to "do these all work," is "yes," however.

Good to know.