[mythtv-users] Implementing HD-PVR IR Blaster (more)

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sat Nov 21 04:30:21 UTC 2009

Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>
> If you boot the live image, and the hdpvr is connected and powered on, its driver should
> auto-load, but you'll still have to manually modprobe lirc_zilog. After you do that, take
> a look at dmesg to see if lirc_zilog claims to have found anything.

Jarod,

I will try to get confirmation of this working under the Fedora 12
Live CD as well (away from hdpvr box right now).

I do have a question if you have a moment though.  I built the kernel
in your lirc git tree[1] thinking that it might get the HDPVR IR
working.  I enabled all of the LIRC modules in make menuconfig
including LIRC_ZILOG and after rebooting into the built kernel and
modprobing lirc_zilog it didn't detect my IRC receiver (HDPVR was
plugged in and turned on).

Is there anything else you can think of that would cause it not to work?

Thanks for all of your efforts working on this, the community really
appreciates it.

(Sorry for the repost as well.  I just subscribed and therefore can't
reply to previous messages and mythtv-users isn't on GMane apparantly)

[1] http://git.wilsonet.com/linux-2.6-lirc.git/
Pretty sure I built the tree as of this commit 5 days ago:
http://git.wilsonet.com//linux-2.6-lirc.git?a=commit;h=e8d67cccaf13ae587c258951e538f1abc87d3c97

--
Philip Lowman