[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Nov 21 00:27:24 UTC 2009

Ian Forde wrote:
> First recording: Tuesday April 29th, 2003
>

> And my first post? May 22, 2003... wow...
>
> Oh - and I'm running CentOS 5.3 (yes - haven't gone to 5.4 yet) on my
> MBE, but just switched to Ubuntu 9.10 on my FE this past week.  I'm
> contemplating switching the MBE to Ubuntu after separating out the
> non-myth parts onto CentOS VMs that I have yet to create on my VM server
> boxes...
>
> And yes - my S1 Tivo finally died a few weeks ago after 6 years of
> side-by-side operation with Myth and 8 years of almost continuous
> operation...

Well, I dont' still have my original database, but I remember setting up
my first mythbox in April or May of 2003.  I have
archived list posts back to May 2003, but I don't save everything, so
I'm not sure when I sub'd.

I think I remember Mandrake8.0 for the first install, and maybe 0.08 or
0.10.  I don't remember.  This was right about when
the PVR250 was coming out, and I had a BT848 card before that.  That
sucked up some proc on an AMD XP.