[mythtv-users] Video noise or distortion across very top edge of image

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:09:13 UTC 2009

Oh that's great news about the HDMI not being a pain. My frontend is
actually an ASUS M3N78-EM motherboard so that's great.

I'm also familiar with nvidia-settings I've just never messed with overscan.

I'll try this when I get home.

I'm also seeing the following in the dmesg on the backend:

[  128.035461] hdpvr 1-4:1.0: untested firmware version 0xf, the
driver might not work
[  128.333099] hdpvr 1-4:1.0: device now attached to /dev/video0

I assumed I had the latest firmware since my HD-PVR purchase was 1
week ago. Message threads seem to indicate that this message appears
if your firmware is too recent. Does anyone know what version 0xf
equates to and if I need to find a Windows machine to upgrade the
firmware on my HD-PVR with? The only windows machine in my house my
partner's laptop running Vista. Is Vista even a supported OS for the
firmware update or do I need to temporarily load XP on a spare
machine?