[mythtv-users] New Channel Scanner is really annoying

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 20 15:27:52 UTC 2009

On 11/20/2009 10:14 AM, Mitch Gore wrote:
> Agree with you.  I have had .22 channel scanner issues since I got
> cable.  I have similar erros for QAM scanning.
>
> I opened a ticket but it was rejected as not an error.  But it clearly
> is.  To get around it I use my HDHR, the windows gui, and
> SiliconDust's lineup server and manually enter channels into the MySQL
> DB.  Its really frustrating as it worked perfect in .21.
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6867
>
> Not having the skills of programming to fix it, I really get a bad
> taste in my mouth.

It is not an error.  SCTE65 is an as-yet-unsupported-in-MythTV
out-of-band channel metadata encoding standard.  Therefore, #6867 is a
feature request without a patch.

http://www.etherguidesystems.com/Help/SDOs/SCTE/Standards/SCTE65.aspx

Without a patch, it's a feature that will be added to MythTV when a
developer with access to such encoding and with the time to write the
code to support it gets around to doing so.  With a patch, it would
likely get included in MythTV trunk sooner.

Mike