[mythtv-users] New Channel Scanner is really annoying

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:14:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Devin Heitmueller <
devin.heitmueller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:27 AM,  <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Oh, for cripes sake!
> >
> > I've done four or five scans this evening.
> >
> > Stations which formally were recognized and included in the channel
> lineup
> > are skipped.
> >
> > A carefully edited channels.conf doesn't seem to make a difference.
> >
> > What is this cryptic crap about giving conflicting channels a new number,
> > and then having the new number rejected?
> >
> > What do I care about encoding types?
> >
> > The choices for "off the air channels" are ignore, delete, or make
> > invisible. What if I WANT them?
> >
> > I finally used my channels.conf to guide me through adding some
> transports.
> > Then I did a transport scan, and got my clear QAM local channels set.
>
> Patches are always welcome from those who are the most significantly
> bothered by the state of the code.
>
> Devin

Agree with you.  I have had .22 channel scanner issues since I got cable.  I
have similar erros for QAM scanning.

I opened a ticket but it was rejected as not an error.  But it clearly is.
To get around it I use my HDHR, the windows gui, and SiliconDust's lineup
server and manually enter channels into the MySQL DB.  Its really
frustrating as it worked perfect in .21.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6867

Not having the skills of programming to fix it, I really get a bad taste in
my mouth.

GL,
--
Mitchell