[mythtv-users] New Channel Scanner is really annoying

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Fri Nov 20 07:27:37 UTC 2009

Oh, for cripes sake!

I've done four or five scans this evening.

Stations which formally were recognized and included in the channel lineup are skipped.

A carefully edited channels.conf doesn't seem to make a difference.

What is this cryptic crap about giving conflicting channels a new number, and then having the new number rejected?

What do I care about encoding types?

The choices for "off the air channels" are ignore, delete, or make invisible. What if I WANT them?

I finally used my channels.conf to guide me through adding some transports. Then I did a transport scan, and got my clear QAM local channels set.