[mythtv-users] OSD not full screen

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 00:15:42 UTC 2009

I have had this issue for quite some time.  I believe, when I used to
play either SD or HD content, the OSD would be fullscreen.  Currently,
when I hit info, the OSD will only stretch as far as the source
material is.  So if the recording is a 16:9 recording, it will be full
screen, and if it is 4:3, it will stretch to the black pillars.  It is
slightly annoying as everything gets scaled as well, so it looks
distorted.

I may be remembering things incorrectly, and years ago when I asked
about this, I was told it had to do with using ximerama (which I have
off) or using different video modes for GUI and TV playback (which I
have off as well).

I do see this in the console when I play 4:3 content:
2009-11-19 15:58:54.496 TV: Changing from None to Watching WatchingPreRecorded
greedyhdeint: size changed from 0 x 0 -> 720 x 480

And I get this when playing 16:9 content
2009-11-19 15:57:52.302 OSD Theme Dimensions W: 1280 H: 720

Am I misremembering things or is there some way to get the OSD
fullscreen even when viewing 4:3 content.