[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

Bobby Gill brownitus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:54:36 UTC 2009

> I'm in the process of building a new system for MythTV, and am using this
> as a chance to practice and try something new, so installing from scratch
> (SVN) and trying out versions of Linux I've not used before...
>
> Just tried building with Fedora 11, but just found out they took out the
> ability to automatically log in (atleast without making edits to conf files
> that I don't completely understand), so considering trying another version.
>
> What flavor of Linux is everyone running?

I've been using Arch for both my desktop (FE) and basement server (BE) for
roughly 2 years now. A couple things will break every few months during some
update, but the community is fantastic and I've never had any extended
issues with the update system. I really dig it, I haven't even contemplated
trying another distro...

Bob