[mythtv-users] how do I download fanart for TV recordings?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 21:50:41 UTC 2009

Hopefully I am not threadjacking here, but I I am also having trouble
figuring out how to use JAMU to get fanart for my recordings.

I copied the jamu example config file into /home/mythtv/.mythtv and
created what I thought were the appropriate directories to download
the art.

I get the following output when I try to run the script:
[mythtv at localhost .mythtv]$ /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -W

! Warning - The module xml (v41660 or greater) must be installed. Your
version is different (v0.8.4) than what Jamu was tested with. Jamu may
not work on your installation.
It is recommended that you upgrade.

! Error: At least a video directory, SID or season name must be supplied

I am guessing that I am missing something obvious, but not sure what.
I went through the wiki and the config file.  Is it possible for JAMU
to go through my database, find all my recordings and pull the correct
art for that or am I misunderstanding how it works?