[mythtv-users] Jamu and wath recordings

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Nov 19 17:25:50 UTC 2009

Excuse me, if I jump on this thread, but have some questions since I
upgraded to 0.22 and it sounds like Guillaume is not quite
understanding how jamu works either.

Zitat von Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>:

> Guillaume,
>    For MythTV Jamu has three main functions selected by the options
> you use. (1) Get Graphics  for your Scheduled and Recorded programs
> (-MW); (2) Update your MythVideo metadata (-M) and (-MI); (3) Clean
> up graphic files that ware no longer being used (-MJ). With options
> one and two Jamu will always try to download each type of graphics
> so specifying a type is not required.
>
>    I can see from what you have in your email that you are mixing
> these options and adding some that have no effect. In the case of
> Scheduled and Recorded programs (-MW) there is no interactive mode
> as it uses the EPG information to figure out what to download from
> TVDB or TMDB, If you wanted to Update your MythVideo metadata (-M)
> and (-MI) there would be information indicating which video file is
> being processed before the interactive list or matching items.

I don't quite understand why the recordings mode works this way, but
maybe I'm simply missing something, or some features just haven't been
implemented yet. Please lighten me up anybody. All these questions are
related to the recordings mode only:

- Why is there no interactive mode? There are ambiguous results from
TVDB too, and jamu already picked fanart from wrong movies/series.
- Why doesn't jamu try IMDB or TMDB if searching for a movie that it
can't find on TVDB?
- Not exactly related to recordings mode of jamu, and probably hasn't
been implemented yet: why is there no W shortcut for loading art in
the recordings view?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/