[mythtv-users] defunct mythfrontend children processes

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:38:31 UTC 2009

I understood that 1st you wanted me to apply the
"mythtv-7135-remove_dev_not_found_check.patch" to the
mediamonitor-unix.cpp as I have it now without reverting the
"mythtv-7135-defunct_processes.patch".

But the patch wouldn't patch using patch - so I went to do it manually
and the stanza in my version of this file is as follows:

258     udevinfo.setReadChannel(QProcess::StandardOutput);
259
260     ret = stream.readLine();
261     if (ret.startsWith("device not found in database"))
262         return ret;
263
264 #endif // linux
265
266     VERBOSE(VB_MEDIA, msg + "->'" + ret + "'");
267     return ret;
268 }

This seems to be missing the following:

     udevinfo->close();