[mythtv-users] Jamu problem with Wipeout TV Series

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Nov 19 02:25:55 UTC 2009

Lindsay,
    I suspect that the issue is with your EPG data. I think the Wipeout
shows has no subtitle (episode name). Jamu is using the lack of a
subtitle to determine that a program (show) is a movie. Jamu even tries
to see if a "movie" may be a TV show but not when an override is used.

This is a catch-22 as right now movies could be recognized when the
override number has 7 digits (IMDB#) but MythTV is moving to use TMDB#s
which can have anywhere from 6 to 1 digits and with no zero padding.
TVDB#s are 5 digits with zero padding and already overlap with TMDB#s.

Please verify the assumption that your EPG data for "Wipeout" has no
subtitles (episode name).

Doug