[mythtv-users] Poll: Anyone NOT experiencing >10% cpu in the menu on 0.22 ?

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:28:04 UTC 2009

Sorry for the branch from my original thread: Mythfrontend idle cpu
consumption help.  I thought I'd try to get the attention of those that may
have efficiently working machines...if they're out there.

There seems to be people in the original thread that seem to think the issue
I'm having IS happening to EVERYONE, and that this is by design. I see 14%
utilization from mythfrontend when it just sits idle on a menu screen while
the cpu is clocked at 1Ghz.  With 0.21, I'm pretty sure it hovered between
0-2% utilization (what I'm calling normal).

So, as the Subject says, this a quick poll for those of you who have 0.22
installed.  (I'm especially interested in those that are ubuntu based).

Who has a "normal" working 0.22 install and only sees 0-2% CPU utilization
when sitting idle on mythfrontend menu screens.  If this describes the
behavior of your install, could you help me out in giving a short
description of your system.