[mythtv-users] defunct mythfrontend children processes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 18 21:23:59 UTC 2009

On 11/18/2009 03:40 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/18/2009 03:33 PM, Johnny Walker wrote:
>>> You know, Paul wasn't lying when he told you it's a) a known issue
>>> and b)
>>> due to problems with the media monitor code, as discussed in
>>>  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7135 .
>>>
>>> We don't have a fix for it, yet.  If you're interested in fixing it,
>>> please
>>> read that ticket so you're not wasting time looking at MythWeather.  :)
>> I had discounted that answer since when i read the open ticket it
>> appeared the patch didn't work for Bill Meek when he applied it 11
>> days ago.
>>
>> I suppose I'll go apply the patch too...
> Discount the patch, not the answer.  :)  We need someone who can
> actually reproduce the issue to fix it.

Heh, though, now I think I know exactly what's happening (and why the
first patch I had Bill try didn't work).  Would you care to apply this
completely untested patch and see what it does?  (Only needs applied to
the frontend system.)

Testing would be so much easier if I could actually reproduce the issue.  :)

Mike