[mythtv-users] envyng broke mythbuntu 9.10

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:22:01 UTC 2009

> Aside from a total reinstall, what can I do to restore this? I was going to download and install the latest drivers from the nvidia website. At this point, I figure I don't have much to lose beside my time...

Don't do that.

> Any suggestions? :)

You are best sticking with a packaged driver, especially if you are
new and don't know what you are doing. You need to figure out why the
driver isn't loading. Try these two commands to find messages about
the nvidia driver:

grep -i nvidia /var/log/Xorg.0.log
grep -i nvidia /var/log/dmesg

That will show you what version is trying to be loaded and it will
show what errors there were when loading.