[mythtv-users] Recommendation for digital tuner for new mythtv system, UK freeview.

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Wed Nov 18 19:15:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 19:08 +0000, Richard Morton wrote:
> > I don't like the wording at all as it is quite misleading.
>
> That is a strong statement without indicating in which ways the new
> section is misleading.
> Many users have reported this issue and it is a known issue with the
> card.

Well, it is not really a lock-up, for starters.

But my goal was not to be insulting, sorry about that. I really wanted
to lead to my main point about duplication.

Just a question, a bit on the side, wen I replied to the poster, I used
a link to the linuxtv wiki. Why didn't you use it on the mythtv wiki?
That would have avoided reinterpretation.

> > In general I do not think that pages on the MythTV wiki about TV
> devices
> > have any reason for being. They are badly duplicating content that
> is in
> > the relevant place, the linuxtv wiki, the place directly linked with
> the
> > people working on the drivers, with all the up-to-date information
> and
> > with relevant references. If things need tweaking, modifying or
> > updating, it should be done on the linuxtv wiki.
> >
> > I am very tempted to replace all the information about TV cards on
> the
> > MythTV wiki to simple links to the relevant page on the linuxtv
> wiki.
> > However, I do not feel that I should feel empowered to do such a
> drastic
> > change.
>
> I wouldnt have too much of a problem with this; but jeez; can we have
> some sort of federation so that we dont need yet another username and
> password...

Good point. Is there an OpenID module (for example) for MediaWiki?

Nico