[mythtv-users] Recommendation for digital tuner for new mythtv system, UK freeview.

hERB herbster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:14:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I don't like the wording at all as it is quite misleading.
>
> That is a strong statement without indicating in which ways the new
> section is misleading.
> Many users have reported this issue and it is a known issue with the card.
>
> > In general I do not think that pages on the MythTV wiki about TV devices
> > have any reason for being. They are badly duplicating content that is in
> > the relevant place, the linuxtv wiki, the place directly linked with the
> > people working on the drivers, with all the up-to-date information and
> > with relevant references. If things need tweaking, modifying or
> > updating, it should be done on the linuxtv wiki.
> >
> > I am very tempted to replace all the information about TV cards on the
> > MythTV wiki to simple links to the relevant page on the linuxtv wiki.
> > However, I do not feel that I should feel empowered to do such a drastic
> > change.
>
> I wouldnt have too much of a problem with this; but jeez; can we have
> some sort of federation so that we dont need yet another username and
> password...

Well, I was trying to work out a nice way of saying the info is already
there (sort of):

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI#Known_Issues
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_Nova-T_500_PCI#Known_issues_2

But probably that just goes to reinforce Nicos point; if the info can be
duped on one page, how much is duped 1) on the wiki as a whole and 2)
between the myth/linuxtv wikis?

Personally, I'd like to see write ups of installation experience, mythtv
gotchas etc on the myth wiki, everything else on the linuxtv. Just my 2p...

/hERB

--
#include <stddisclaimer.h>