[mythtv-users] Move to new master backend

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Wed Nov 18 19:10:31 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to move my current mythtv backend to a new box.  What is the best
method?  Do I simply back up the database, install myth on the new box, copy
the existing recordings and restore the database there?

Also, I currently have 3 disks for storage, set up as /mnt/store, /mnt/big,
and /mnt/huge.  On the new box, I will only have 2 disks for now. Do I have to
recreate all 3 folders?  Are the recordings tied to the file location in some
way, or just the file names.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mark