[mythtv-users] MythMusic Request

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 19:07:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Robin Smith <1canuck2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pickard is pretty awesome app for fixing up MP3s.
>
> If it doesn't find a match, it can actually scan the MP3 and create a
> unique identifier (Acoustic Fingerprint:
> http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Acoustic_Fingerprint) for it and then based
> on the that it will try to match it against the MusicBrainz DB. Slow,
> but helpful if your tags are a mess...
>
> Good luck!
>
> Robin

I use a program called Jaikoz http://www.jthink.net/jaikoz/ , it works
in Windows/Linux/OSX.
It uses musicbrainz database, also does artwork, lyrics, works with
all types of files.  I tried every program and found this to be the
easiest and the best at getting things correct.  Also allows manual
select from musicbrainz which is useful for songs that were released
on many different albums.   Only problem is it is $22US for lifetime
upgrades, does have a 30 day free trial, but with over 5000 shoddily
tagged songs and more coming every day I found it worth it.

Lee