[mythtv-users] Some Fanart not loading?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 03:35:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Joe Wilson <wilson.joe at gmail.com> wrote:
> I record Star Trek: The Next Generation which has the same type of
> characters as Futurama,
> and I gets the fanart fine. I notice a similiar problem, but it tends to
> happen for me when
> I switch themes, and more so in my videos...  another thing I've noticed is
> when updating
> the artwork etc it tends to wipe out all my data pertaining to the videos
> when it can't connect
> to thetvdb.. Seems as though it should leave the data alone that is present
> if it has problems
> connecting and retrieving data from the site... one reason why I haven't run
> jamu in bulk.
> but thats a whole different issue all together. unless it too is wiping
> information out in the
> recordings also when attempting to connect .... ???

I doubt that it would cause a problem with the metadata in Watch
Recordings, I don't think it looks anything up, other than images for
the recordings. I'm not too concerned about the Futurama fanart I
thought that one might be unrelated, but maybe it's not.

I just renamed Bones_fanart.jpg to Bones_fanart.jpg.temp and copied
Castle_fanart.jpg (one that works) to Bones_fanart.jpg and it still
wouldn't load, so I really doubt it's the photos. I tried to find an
error in the mythfrontend -v all output, but I didn't see anything. I
could see where the fanart that was working was loading and being
cached. I could also see a list of the fanart available, which
included the images that aren't working, but no errors.