[mythtv-users] Major Audio Sync Issues]]

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Nov 18 02:59:47 UTC 2009

I'm been banging my head against the wall on this issue for a couple
> of days now.  I've search the thread and google for anything I can
> find on Audio Out Of Sync and I've tried a ton things.   No luck with
> any of it.
>

> I upgrade last week to Mythbuntu 9.10 (myth 0.22).  I'm using VDPAU.
> Before upgrading I didn't really have this issue.
>

> When I say upgraded I basically wiped the disk and started fresh.
>

> Anyway now the Myth Recordings that are occurring seem fine.  However
> when playing back the audio and video become out of sync.  I've
> noticed that the video will attempt to slow down to let the audio
> catch up but it never stays there.  They get out of sync and
> evenytually get really bad (few seconds).
>

> I've tried changing the player to VLC, I also tried the suggestion on
> (http://mythtvbox.blogspot.com/2006/01/fixing-mythvideos-audiovideo-sync.html) and put oss on the mplayer command string.  I also setup XvMC per the wiki page.  Didn't change anything.
>

> My first question is, how do I enable extended logging on myth
> frontend using mythfrontend.real.   I remember something about adding
> the parameter 'playback' but not sure how to do that with
> mythfrontend.real.
>

> Second why is my audio/video so out of sync? How do I track down the
> problem and fix it.
>

> Thanks
> steve

I don't know if this is the problem or not,but in the past pluseaudio
had to be disabled.If it wasn't it would create the exact problems you
are exhibiting .. If you have pluseaudio enabled try removing it and see
if that  helps...

Here is how i have my frontend logging setup..
Use this script:
#/bin/sh
 mythfrontend > /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log 2>&1 &

1. Make an empty text file in /var/log/myth mythfrontend.log
2. Put the script some place in your path :echo $PATH
3. Make the script executable..
4. Put the command to run the script in a launcher or automate the
launching how ever you see fit....