[mythtv-users] Major Audio Sync Issues

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Wed Nov 18 02:08:05 UTC 2009

I'm been banging my head against the wall on this issue for a couple of days
now.  I've search the thread and google for anything I can find on Audio Out
Of Sync and I've tried a ton things.   No luck with any of it.

I upgrade last week to Mythbuntu 9.10 (myth 0.22).  I'm using VDPAU.
Before upgrading I didn't really have this issue.

When I say upgraded I basically wiped the disk and started fresh.

Anyway now the Myth Recordings that are occurring seem fine.  However when
playing back the audio and video become out of sync.  I've noticed that the
video will attempt to slow down to let the audio catch up but it never stays
there.  They get out of sync and evenytually get really bad (few seconds).

I've tried changing the player to VLC, I also tried the suggestion on (
http://mythtvbox.blogspot.com/2006/01/fixing-mythvideos-audiovideo-sync.html)
and put oss on the mplayer command string.  I also setup XvMC per the wiki
page.  Didn't change anything.

My first question is, how do I enable extended logging on myth frontend
using mythfrontend.real.   I remember something about adding the parameter
'playback' but not sure how to do that with mythfrontend.real.

Second why is my audio/video so out of sync? How do I track down the problem
and fix it.

Thanks
steve