[mythtv-users] Frontend ION but with DVB card?

G Venkataraman gvenkat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:26:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:28 AM, James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/11/17 Lars Oeschey <oeschey at gmail.com>:
> > seems there is an issue with the fan on this one...
> > http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3630&p=2 (expectable with a
> > 40mm fan I guess).
>
> The productions models apparently come with a slower/quieter fan:
> http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1079/1/
>
> > I'm thinking if that could be avoided by using a 120mm fan with the
> > case? If that is possible at all with a mini-ITX case...
>
> I doubt many mini-itx cases have room for a 120mm fan, but I'd expect
> you'd be able to replace the fan with something larger to get a better
> noise to cooling ratio.

ZOTAC also has the ZOTAC IONITX F series Intel Atom motherboard that has 1
PCIe x16 slot, that could be a potential candidate for use here:

US -
http://www.zotacusa.com/zotac-ionitx-f-e-atom-n330-1-6ghz-dual-core-mini-itx-intel-motherboard.html
DE -
http://pdde.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=185&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Newegg has this motherboard and a mini-ITX case available for about US$200
(+ shipping and tax) as part of a combo deal:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.295096

-=Venkat=-