[mythtv-users] choppy HD playback ("WriteAudio: buffer underrun") on Live TV only, prerecorded OK

Alex Porras spam at twelve17.com
Tue Nov 17 16:10:31 UTC 2009

Alex Porras wrote:

> I'm experiencing choppy HD playback ("WriteAudio: buffer underrun") when
> watching Live TV. Previously recorded shows play back just fine. I can
> start recording a show in progress that plays choppy on Live TV, then
> immediately go into the recorded programs and continue watching it with
> no problem.

Replying to myself...

Enabling 'extra audio buffering' fixed the problem for live tv. I
thought I had previously tried that setting but I got it confused with
the "agressive sound card buffering" one that lives in a different menu.
  I'm still not sure why it needs this option on for live tv but not for
prerecorded shows (even if they are still being recorded as I watch them).

--Alex