[mythtv-users] Putting the mythconverg_backup.pl in a cron job

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 17 13:47:05 UTC 2009

On 11/17/2009 08:24 AM, Robin Hill wrote:
> What users are you running things under? The cron.daily scripts will
> run as root, so you may need to add an 'su' to the script to force it to
> run under the correct user account.
>
> HTH,
>      Robin

Well, I can run it from the command line as my normal user.  I'm using
Ubuntu 9.10, and I know that the cron.daily stuff is running as root.
Shouldn't that mean root can run the script fine?  If I add an su in it
to my normal account, how do I do it so I'm not prompted for the
password?  That defeats the purpose of if running in the background if I
have to be there to enter the password every day.

Thanks,
Harry