[mythtv-users] Upgrade question

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Nov 17 13:34:14 UTC 2009

I have two servers for web mail and mythtv, one active and one a spare.
Every time a new version of opensuse comes out I install on the spare
and swap them.

During the current swap, I want to upgrade to 0.22. I have my newly
installed machine with 0.22, and with the database, video files and
config (.mythtv directory) from the old server. From what I've read
it looks to me like I could just run mythtvsetup and the db schemas
would be updated, but I have a problem: the new machine has a
different hostname.

I wondered about using mythconverge_restore.pl --change_hostname
before running mythtvsetup, but then I'd be using the 0.22
mythtconverge_restore on a 0.21 database. Is that ok?

The other possibility is to find out what mythtvsetup calls to
upgrade the database, and call it directly, then change hostname.
Can you call the upgrade script directly?

Cheers,
	Paul.