[mythtv-users] mythtv newer than 0.21 (july2008) screws up PVR500 picture

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:40:03 UTC 2009

> > My backend uses a PVR500 PCI card. It works nicely with the
> > ivtv driver and it has been so for as long as I can
> > remember.
> >
> > However, mythtv is now screwing up the picture whenever I
> > watch liveTV. If I do not use mythbackend, just use a cat
> > /dev/video0 or 1 > somefile.mpg and play this back with
> > say mplayer, it is as nice as usual. As soon as I use
> > mythtv, the picture gets scrambled, as if something was
> > wrong with VBI.

Maybe if you sent the relevant dmesg output and the mythtv frontend/backend
logs during the problem people might have a better chance of helping out.

I'm using a PVR500 with 0.22 and have no problems with it and I'm sure there
are others using the card.  I'm guessing there's something unusual/broken
about your config.

Matt