[mythtv-users] Cannot delete some recorded programs after upgrading to 0.22-fixes

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Mon Nov 16 18:23:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/2009 04:08 PM, TJ Harris wrote:
>> When I try to delete recordings with 0.22-fixes, they disappear
>> briefly, but then show up again when the screen is refreshed.    This
>> is true of both the "Watch Recordings" screen and Mythweb.
>>
>> In the mythbackend logs I seen entries like:
>>
>> 2009-11-15 12:47:52.606 mythbackend: Delete Recording: Unable to
>> retrieve program info for chanid 1002 at Sun Nov 15 09:06:00 2009.
>> Program will NOT be deleted.
>> 2009-11-15 12:47:55.185 ERROR retrieving program info when trying to
>> delete program for chanid 1005 recorded at Sun Nov 15 09:06:00 2009.
>> Recording will NOT be deleted.
>>

>> The recordings were scheduled via Mythweb or manage recordings UI,  so
>> myth definitely knows about the channels and programs.     In the case
>> of the above messages, the programs were scheduled to be recorded at
>> 9:06AM today, then attempted to be deleted shortly after they
>> finished, and there was no other messing with the database, recording
>> files, channel lists, etc.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure this is not happening 100% of the time.  I think that
>> maybe 1/3 of the programs I delete actually get deleted.  But, 2/3
>> fail.   Prior to the upgrade, when I was running 0.21-fixes, programs
>> were deleted without problems.
>>
>> Anyone else getting this?
>
> Most likely this is either an issue with your storage groups
> configuration (i.e. missing some directories in some of you storage
> group definitions) or a hostname issue--i.e. the "missing" recordings
> were recorded by a different host from the one that currently has them.
> The 2nd possibility--the hostname issue--would even be transparent to
> playback in some configurations (with the storage group directories NFS
> mounted to frontend machines).

Thanks for the response.   I did have a storage group defined for a
directory which no longer existed.   I deleted that entry, so now only
one storage group exists with the 2 valid directories: /Media &
/Media2.  I then restarted mythbackend.   But, the behavior still
happens.  I just recorded 2 small programs, then deleted them via
mythweb, but they showed up again when I refreshed mythweb 20 minutes
later.

My setup is fairly simple..  only one backend, with 2 local media
drives, my frontend is accessing the recordings via myth protocol not
NFS, and mythweb is running directly on the backend.

The error in mythbackend is still the same:
2009-11-16 10:19:46.671 ERROR retrieving program info when trying to
delete program for chanid 1006 recorded at Mon Nov 16 09:21:00 2009.
Recording will NOT be deleted.
2009-11-16 10:19:46.679 mythbackend: Delete Recording: Unable to
retrieve program info for chanid 1006 at Mon Nov 16 09:21:00 2009.
Program will NOT be deleted.

I verified that chanid 1006 exists in the DB.