[mythtv-users] Implementing HD-PVR IR Blaster

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Nov 16 16:31:57 UTC 2009

On Nov 16, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Bobby Schwartz wrote:

> This isn't the first HD-PVR IR thread.  I spent most of the weekend
> studying the details of an older thread...
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2009-September/264151.html
>
> Jarod Wilson did a ton of work on this already and it sounds like he has
> a working example.  My goal is to replicate that.  (Maybe you're out
> there, Jarod? :-)

Yup, I'm out there...

> This weekend I upgraded all my systems to 0.22, enabled VDPAU, and
> connected an HD-PVR.  (Busy weekend!)  Everything went really well.  My
> hat's off to everyone that committed time to the project.
>
> Following Jarod's write up (above) I downloaded the V4L trunk and
> patched the HD-PVR driver.  Compiled that, installed it, and it seems to
> work fine.  My PVR-150s don't have sound but I don't know if that's
> related or a separate issue.
>
> Here's my problem... I got stuck trying to patch the lirc modules.  I
> downloaded the Git snapshot in the thread linked above but I'm having
> issues getting make to build it right.

What kernel and what distribution? Build instructions and what bits to build vary a little based on that info...

> I'm familiar with programming
> but I'm still learning Linux programming (and make specifically.)  I
> added two targets to the makefile and got make to run.  It's building
> everything except the zilog module which is the one I need (I think.)
> If someone would gently educate me I'd sure appreciate it!  I'm not sure
> what I've done wrong.

Ah. So if everything bug lirc_zilog is building, you must be running a distribution that includes lirc patches in its kernel, but doesn't include lirc_zilog. In that case...

make CONFIG_LIRC_ZILOG=m -C /lib/modules/kver/build M=$PWD modules

...should get it built.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com