[mythtv-users] Recomendation for video card. HDMI/Fanless UK ??

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Mon Nov 16 14:53:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 14:40 +0000, Ben Lancaster wrote:
> > Can anybody recommend a card which I can purchase in the UK.
> > It needs to be VDPAU capable, fanless and have HDMI output,
> preferably
> > with audio (if thats possible?)
> > Oh and its for a full height case, Antec Fusion 2480
> > http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl?prodID=B85182
> > Finding all the requirements seem tricky :)
>
> I bought this exact one a while ago from Novatech and it's been
> working great for me:
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/Components/Graphics-Nvidia/Nvidia9500Series/9500GT512MB.html

With the GT220 available these days, with supposed support for full
bandwidth LDPCM (7.1 stuff for the new "HD" codecs), I do not see any
reason to chose anything else when looking for a discrete board.

It is low power, so the thermal envelope shoudl be low too, thus only
requiring limited cooling setups, i.e. more silent fans.

I know that my 8400GS life inside my system will be short.

Nico