[mythtv-users] Recomendations for FE/BE case in the UK?

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:17:52 UTC 2009

2009/11/16 Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com>:

> You want to move the Revo in to your garage?
> Is it noisy? Or is there another reason?
> What is the limit on HDMI cable length?

Not really - very quite - think about a quite laptop - only a small
amount of fan noise if you put your head next to it.

My Present system is safe (from being moved/hit/disconnected) in the
garage in a cuboard.  So I naturally have all cables leading there.

I'd need a 3m HDMI Cable which is doable. Wikiepdia says 5m should be
cheap; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Cable_length

I am considering having it behind the TV as the revo comes with a VESA
mounting braket, although I will have to secure all the cables
properly.

Greg