[mythtv-users] 0.22 VDPAU video doesn't reappear after xscreensaver

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 07:06:53 UTC 2009

2009/11/16 Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com>:
> Once I moved to trunk (and now stock 0.22), I found that the paused
> video does not reappear. Whatever xscreensaver module is running
> stops, and audio resumes, but the screen remains blank. Exiting
> playback properly returns mythfrontend to Watch Recordings, and again
> playing the recording also works. This only happens with VDPAU; the
> problem does not exist with Xv. The screen also always properly
> resumees when exiting xscreensaver after it triggers outside playback.

fwiw, this is an issue I'm aware of and tried to fix before 0.22 went
out. When using the VDPAU overlay, the colorkey needs to be redrawn
once overwritten by another app, window etc. In the screensaver case I
couldn't find any event that was being posted to tell mythfrontend
that the screensaver had de-activated and hence a re-draw was needed.
I'll have another look - though any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and regards

Mark