[mythtv-users] 0.22 VDPAU video doesn't reappear after xscreensaver

Norm Dressler mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Nov 16 01:22:40 UTC 2009

Scott wrote:
> On Nov 15, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
>

>> Since upgrading to trunk almost a month ago I've been dealing with an
>> irritating peculiarity.
>>
>> I run xscreensaver on my frontend. With 0.21 (and every version from
>> 0.18 on, actually), xscreensaver would activate after the set period
>> of time when I paused the internal player, and it would properly
>> deactivate and the video would return to the screen when I pushed a
>> keybaord or remote button. This also worked with Jean-Yves' VDPAU
>> backport to 0.21.
>>

> I can only confirm I've seen the same thing. No suggested work around yet. At first I thought it was a particular screen saver module but I've seen various problems with all modules. Some screen savers will corrupt the image. Others will not restore the screen on exit.
>
> --
> Scott <catfather at donpoo.net>
> AIM: BlueCame1

Did you happen to upgrade your NVIDIA drivers?  Are you running DVI to
HDMI?  I am and I experience the same thing after power cycling my TV
(screensaver disabled).  I had to add an HDMI switch with my blu-ray
player I have to switch back and forth and then video returns.  Its got
something to do with the video card pair to the TV because I certainly
don't have this issue with the blu-ray player.  I was thinking of trying
a video card with real HDMI outputs on it to see if that makes a difference.

Norm