[mythtv-users] m2ts videos failing in MythVideo .022 fixes

Derek & Cindi Cass cass at casscoenterprises.com
Sun Nov 15 22:16:15 UTC 2009

Ok, I'm not sure what is going on, but it may not be MythTv itself that is
the issue.  The error is in /mythtv/libs/libavcodec/h264.c, which is
actually ffmpeg.  I thought I read somewhere that ffmpeg is sync'd in to
mythtv every now and then, and it appears that it hasn't changed since July.
The video's were certainly working in September and into October, so
obviously something else is to blame.

I do recall updating FC10 with some h.264 related fixes a little while ago,
so those might be to blame.  My guess is that those updates don't work well
with the version of ffmpeg embedded in Myth.  I wish I could remember
exactly what those updates were. :-/

In any event, I switched to using mplayer instead of the internal player for
all m2ts files, and the videos are working fine again.

If any developers still feel any concern about this, I'd be happy to post a
video and provide any testing for any fixes to get the internal player
working again.