[mythtv-users] Sound issues???

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 20:23:47 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 12:19 AM, Allen Edwards
<allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> > So is this a setting in mplayer or in mythfrontend? I don't know where I
>> > should make the change?
>>
>> ??
>> Why would you be changing settings in mplayer when we're talking about
>> mythtv ?
>>
>> Check the mythtv wiki on how to configure your sound
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/AllensDigitalAudioHowto
>>

> The wiki is for digital sound but I think there is enough in there that it
> will be useful here as well. Just don't check the digital passthrough and
> set up alsa for analog. Unless of course this is a conversation about
> digital and then the wiki should work.  Let me know if it doesn't in that
> case.
>
> Allen

No this is about analog - my board does digital but doesn't have HDMI only
DVI so I have DVI to HDMI on my TV and I'm using analog sound.

When viewing digital channels I have sound its at a different level than my
analog sound much lower can I make them the same?

"digital passthrough and set up alsa for analog"

These are set on the frontend correct?

Thanks,