[mythtv-users] More Freeview madness

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Nov 15 18:16:28 UTC 2009

Finally got round to a friends house to install another box, and
retune their current stuff for them. As expected, there was more than
one instance of several BBC channels - but then I realised that for
some there were THREE of them (and some didn't actually work) !

Then on the way home I twigged - my mate is using Winter Hill, but
there is a local repeater for the town. So they were obviously
getting enough signal from it for the box to decide there's a mux,
but not enough to actually display a channel from it.

But of course, as mentioned earlier, the stupid boxes don't have an
option to tell them which of the available muxes to use - so the
non-functioning channels 1 and 2 were deleted, and 8 hundred and
somethings moved into their places. This was on a Labgear box - you
can re-organise the channels, but not renumber them.
Aaarrrrgggggghhhhhhh.

--
Simon Hobson