[mythtv-users] DB charset pre-conversion test failed! Your database seems to be partially corrupted.

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Nov 15 14:57:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 00:24 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Manual inspection backed up by lots of experience with the mythconverg
> schema.

OK.  Fair enough.

> I finally got around to looking at it and  ...  the database backup you
> gave me upgraded just fine.

Hrm.

> And, unfortunately, you're running Qt 4.5,
> so the pre-upgrade charset tests don't work so we get a failure at the
> end of the test (when creating a test index).

That sucks.  :-(

> My best guess is that you were affected by the issue fixed in [22750].
> If you upgrade to 0.22-fixes or trunk r22750 or higher, all should work
> fine.

Well I would, but that toothpaste is already out of the tube.  I bit the
bullet and did the partial restore trick.  I've been fiddling with
settings and whatnot since.  I think I have it mostly restored to usable
state.

On the bright side, it's made me take a closer look at the playback
profiles I was using on my straining combo FE/BE(with 3 tuners) Athlon
800 machine.  I now have playback down to 30% there using XvMC and None
de-interlacing.  Until so far, anyway, I have not see any interlacing
artifacts on my CRT TV.

Also, having to reconfigure the GUIs and playback for various FEs has
also made me acutely aware of the deficiency in the handling of
overscanning in the GUI, which I've talked about here.

My hope is that the fruit of that discussion is consideration for
overscanning in any future GUI designing.  I tend to think it will/has
been dismissed as unimportant however, given that the Trac ticket(s) I
opened got closed and/or locked pretty quickly.

Thanx much for looking into that database for me though.  I do
appreciate it.

b.