[mythtv-users] Problems viewing DVDs with MythBuntu 9.04

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 20:46:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:
> The mythfrontend logs would be helpful to see why it is failing to
> play back. My guess would be you don't have libdvdcss installed.

Good point.  When I can get back to it, I'll investigate.

Additional info.  Seems some DVDs play and others don't.  Doesn't
appear to matter whether automounting occurs or not.  FWIW,
automounting appears to happen, but there is no /etc/auto*, so I'm not
sure how that happens.

As an example of a problem DVD, "The 13th Warrior" with Antonio
Banderas is a special oddity.  The FBI warning plays and then it
quits.  Replay attempts get the same thing.

On some of the DVDs I have not been able to play (maybe all of them,
not sure anymore), when mounted, the mountpoint shows at least a file
named video_ts and some include a second file named audio_ts (or are
they xxx.ts?).

Perhaps this is just more of the same kind of issues reported in the
past with "problem child" dvds that has nothing to do with MythTV or
system configuration issues and everything to do with non-standard DVD
formatting?

Craig.